By Jon Gordon (2009)
This is a fable about a goldfish who has always been fed, a nice shark teaches him to find food and a wave of change that brings them together. I was very impressed after I read Jon Gordon’s carpenter. Sad to say, this book “The Shark and the Goldfish” is not so interesting and it kind of teach similar things I read from other books.
Things I learnt from the book :
- You have more control than you think you do.
- Positive Shark Formula :
Events (E) + Positive Response (P) = Outcome (O)
- To thrive, you must embrace and ride the waves of changes.
- Adversity is not the end, but the beginning of something better.
- If you think your best days are behind you, they are.
- If you think your best days are ahead of you, they are.
- Your belief must be greater than all of the negativity and doubt.
- Positive fish find more food.
- Choose faith over fear.
- Your faith and belief in a positive future leads to powerful actions today.
- When you expect to find food you do.
- Expect success and you will find it.
- Don’t let your past determine your future.
- Instead of being disappointed about where you are, be optimistic about where you are going.
- There is no substitute for hard work.
- Focus on finding food, tune out distractions.
- You won’t find food sleeping under a rock.
- Know what you want, work hard, and focus on getting it.
- Learn from others and model their success.
- Don’t settle.